Pages

February 21, 2012

Shrove Tuesday...Pancake Day!

and it's a day my girls look forward to..
 I always loved Pancake day as a child 
and so looked forward to them for tea.
 Yummy Yummy pancakes...usually with lemon and sugar
 for me or homemade jam and some ice cream.
 My girls look forward to it as well, skipping home from school
 getting the ingredients ready and quick mum...mix, mix.
 1 cup of Self Raising flour, 1 cup of Milk and 1 egg

 I then to cook them in a little good olive oil... 

 Then onto the plate to spread with their favorite topping
 Miss K likes them with Golden Syrup...just a little.
 Oh this makes me laugh as
 Miss K does not have a sweet tooth at all...
she won't eat lollies or cakes or sweet biscuits
 But on Pancakes, syrup is a must for her.
 Miss J who loves sweet things has lemon and sugar.. 
more lemon than sugar....has to do it herself too!
 It's almost like they swap preferences just for Pancake Day
 No matter what they gobble them up.

 Does you and your family eat pancakes today?
What do you have on them?..
 Or do you eat something else instead.

 I am having a juice tonight for tea ... yummy too
 filled with lots of Vege goodness...

 Happy Shrove Tuesday!

 Hugs Dawn x x

12 comments:

Maria said...

What a lovely tradition to carry on to your girls.
Our swimming group have pancake s after their morning swim but I missed out today. :(
I love pancakes.
Enjoy yours girls....

Fiona said...

I agree with Maria... great tradition... I forgot all about pancakes.... I'll have them another day.....
Hugz

Allie said...

Happy Shrove Tuesday, Dawn! We call it Fat Tuesday, and eat paczki's, a Polish treat that has been around for ages. We have a large Polish community here in my area, but even though we're not Polish, the tradition has caught on! There's even a parade in honor of paczki's. They're deep-fried round donuts, filled with all kinds of yummies - my favorite are raspberry. I'd better get it in gear and get out to the bakery before they're gone!

Anne Heidi said...

I love pancakes! We put sour cream and jam on them- or sugar.

Josie McRazie said...

Happy Fat Tuesday! I am going to church tonight and we will have pancackes and then I am playing Jazz music for service! (I play Sax and Flute and have the privledge to play with some VERY amazing musicians)

Kathy MacKie said...

Thanks for the reminder, my Mom always made pancakes for us on Shrove Tuesday. I love the idea of lemon and sugar.

Flying Blind... said...

Yep pancaks all round - lemon & sugar, nutella, cheese & marmite - not together!

mammafairy said...

Yes we had savoury pancakes, Hummous goes really well in pancakes!We use plain flour, and make them the size of the pan!

Inspire Me Heather said...

Yummy pancakes! I put a little syrup into the batter to make them sweeter, my son loves them that way! Oh, I'm also Linky Following you now!

Mary said...

These really look delicious. We, too, celebrated pancake day. I am new to your blog, so I took some time to browse through your earlier entries. I'm so glad I did that. You've created a great spot for your readers to visit and I really enjoyed the time I spent here. I'll definitely be back. I hope you have a great day. Blessings...Mary

Karen said...

when we were children my mother would give us breakfast for dinner when dad had to work late, or attend a meeting.
Pancakes were the meal. I prefer heated strawberry jam on my pancakes. My sister and brother wanted maple syrup. When we did have pancakes for breakfast my father would pour sugar on his his pancakes, roll them and eat them. He does not care for sweets either.

Personalized Sketches and Sentiments said...

A great memory in the making with your girls :o)

I'm happy to be back doing some fun blog visiting! Hope this finds you doing well :o)

Blessings & Aloha!