Pages

February 14, 2012

A Small Finish

I have been doing lots of sewing, just none I can share with you yet
It's all secret stuff  but I can show you my 
A1 Dear Jane block I finished last night...
 I had started Dear Jane a long time ago and decided 
I was redoing it, as I didn't like the colors I had chosen
 I had 20 blocks made and will use them in a runner or something
 Now I am pleased with the colors and background I am doing.
 I will use Fig Tree fabrics and seeded Homespun as the background
to make it look old worldy and feed - sacky!
 Now to do some more before I loose the mojo.

 Happy Stitching

 Hugs Dawn x x x

 Ooh and Happy Valentines Day

13 comments:

Chris H said...

Interesting colours. What colours did you use before?

Maria said...

Your Dear Jane Block is lovely. Hope you enjoy stitching a few more before the kids came home.

Marilyn said...

You have achieved that look you were after with your block. Good on you starting again. I thought about it, but just couldnt bring myself to do those 36 blocks again. So mine will stay scrappy backgrounds and scrappy fabrics. Hope you find the time to do no.2 soon.
Hugs xx

Fiona said...

So you mastered it then - Good on you - It looks great XXXXX

quiltingmieke said...

hello, very nice collors, I like tjis quo.t also, but first a challenge quilt and Morellquilt to go

hug

Mieke

Val said...

This block is a stand out. The colour scheme is perfect.

Larissa said...

Loving your fabrics for this block Dawn!!!

Allie said...

Woohoo secret sewing...your DJ block is very pretty! I like these fabrics a lot, Dawn!!

Josie McRazie said...

beautiful! I need to pull mine out again and work on a few! I was doing so good and then... Oh, well! LOL its a WIP!!!

mammafairy said...

Brave and sensible to change your mind and go to it! Looks lovely, anyway. Good one.

Michelle Ridgway said...

It is so lovely. I love the idea of this quilt. Maybe one day I will be brave enough to start it. I thijk it is the foundation piecing bit that scares me. Yours will be gorgeous I am sure an Oldy worldy will suit it.

RETRO-Fabulous Blog said...

ah the elusive DJ mojo...keep up the great work! Your A1 rocks!!

Little Green Doll said...

DJ is a wonderful project!! It takes long time, but the quilt is so beautiful! Lovely fabrics :)