April 04, 2012

a little progress.

I don't like being sick at all...and this infection has knocked me
 I like being busy and getting things done...
 I don't do REST easily...
I get frustrated cos I like being on the go.
 BUT this last two weeks I have not felt 
much like getting off the couch or bed.
 I did manage to stitch the binding on 
one of my Tassie Quilts and love the look of it.
 This pattern was what Helen Stubbings gave in our bags at our Tassie trip.
 She showed us how to do Helens way of needle-turn applique
 and I love it, it's so easy.
This was meant to be a needle holder
 but my fingers are not delicate so I enlarged it and made it a mini quilt.
 I now hav eit hanging on my Red quilt wall.
 Must run, girls finish school in 15 mins and
 I am a bit slow at getting organised.
 I will soon be back to running around crazily...
 but for now I am taking it easy...
  Stitching away in my chair while RESTING.


 Happy Stitching

 Hugs Dawn x x x

11 comments:

Jeanette said...

Lovely Dawn. Sorry to hear you've been unwell. I do hope you get better soon. Hugs,

shez said...

oh Dawn hope you get better soon and love your wall hanging,well done.xx

Fiona said...

Lovely needleturn wall hanger.... glad you are on the mend and hope you will be back to racing speed soon...
Hugz

Jo in TAS said...

Lovely finish Dawn!

Quiltendewilma said...

I love this little project!!

Greetings from Holland,..

By Hoki Quilts said...

What a clever old chook you are - I just might have to 'borrow' that idea *wink*
hugs - Miche'le

Maree: said...

Cute Project..sorry to hear you are feeling Yuk again hope it clears up soon for you...
Take Care

Maria said...

Pleased to see you post again. I hope the medicine is doing its job and you are feeling better.

Allie said...

Oh you poor dear - sometimes you just have to sit - your little quilt is just darling, hon, good job on the needleturn! I hope you're back to normal soon, sweetie!

De said...

Great finish Dawn

Marilyn said...

Looks good Dawn. I must post pics of my Tassie finishes over Easter. So pleased you are feeling able to stitch again, and hope you are soon right back to normal.
Happy Easter to you and Family.
Take care. Hugs xx