Pages

April 15, 2012

A week of....

busy busy little girls...
 It's been school holidays here and they
 have enjoyed the lazy mornings and crafty days..
 Mummy enjoyed not having to rush around and also
 was thrilled Daddy was home to help do stuff!
 Like painting the girls bedroom wall...
 "Shocking Pink Crimson".....  so so so shockingly hot pink..I love it
 and so do the budding artist's who are allowed to paint a little
 before Daddy did the final coat... aint this cute?
 I did get quite ill over Easter which was a dissapointment 
as we were heading to Victoria for Easter but had to cancel.
This last week I have been very slow and tired...recouperating
so I am taking it easy...well easy for me anyhow.
And all from the nasty chest infection that turned into pneumonia
 and managed to zap my energy...oh I was very run down
 But I am on the mend and did manage to sew a few things...
 I caught up on my SKOW blocks...
 only a little bit of stitching to go and I can post finishes.
Daddy got all soppy when I was preparing the rainbow block and
 not from the rain... it was nice and sunny actually...
 He decided to do some chalk art outside my kitchen window for me..

Oh it cheered me up for sure.... I love him so much!

 I decided to sew some blocks together for the girls new quilts,
well their first single bed quilts.. looking so bright and cheery

 Some Stargazer blocks and I just love how these come together so quickly.

 A ride on the see-saw made us laugh... 
Daddy took us to the beach for an icecream and some fresh air...
 The girls had a blast and I got the delightful fresh air I needed.

 Hope your week has been fabulous too.

Sweet Hugs Dawn x x
 

7 comments:

Fiona said...

glad you are slowly getting better.. pneumonia can really set you back.... love the childrens artwork... I would have been tempted to leave the walls like that!! and your stitching is lovely too.... great stars...
Hugz

Quilt Kitty said...

What a sweetie Daddy is, giving his girl a rainbow. You can't get much better than that! Tracee xx

Maria said...

Nice to hear you are slowly on the mend. You did keep busy in the hols with DH and the girls. How sweet he drew a chalk Rainbow for you.
You also managed some lovely stitching which is more than I did.

Allie said...

Yay for hot pink and gorgeous little girls!!! Love the rainbow chalk art, what a sweet thing to do. Feel better dear Dawn!!!

Sandi said...

Nice to hear you are feeling better, and it looks like you have been surrounded by lotsa love...the girls quilts are going to look fab..

shez said...

Dawn i am glad you are feeling better and what a great hubby you have,love the girls drawings.xx

Larissa said...

The girls sure look like they had fun!! ... The pink is fantastic!!! And their paintings are beautiful!! I am sure DD would LOVE to have a chance to do that too, lol, she's been begging me the last week or so to do some painting, but our paints have gone bad and I need to wait till pay day to restock! ... The blocks are gorgeous - the fabrics perfect!! ... Have a good week this coming week sweetie! Take some time to rest and get better soon!!! Hugs to all!!