Pages

May 01, 2012

A week of doing this and that and some sewing too.

its May and I am still in February...time is zooming by.
 Does that happen to you too...time flying!
Last week was the first week of the new school term had
 me busy in my sewing room...cutting cutting
 and it makes it so much easier for me
 cutting 84 circles with my Go Baby!

 I had planned to make my girls some quilts during
 the last school holidays but as I spent most of it sick,
 as soon as had the chance and was well enough 
to start sewing I picked some favorite blocks that
I had chosen for their quilts...
 This tree pattern is from the Accuquilt site... HERE
 Chitter Chatter quilt...so cute, just needs some birdies
Now I just need to find the right applique to add to the centre
 of these adorable hexagon looking blocks...


these blocks are just adorable...and again need  more applique.
 The floating stars are from The Modern Blocks Book..
 great value for lots of different blocks.

  This quilt is not my design, only my creativity in assembling it.
 I am just building with blocks or patterns of
other designers I have bought or have for free off the net
and assembling them together.
 It is so much fun and I will show it once its all together..
 My friend Judy is doing two quilts as well 
for her little twin granddaughters.
 We are having fun assembling them together...plus lots of laughs and fun.
 I'll be back tomorrow with a picture of my new baby!

 Sweet Cinnamon-y Hugs
 Dawn x x x

7 comments:

shez said...

well done Dawn,they look great.xx

Larissa said...

They will look gorgeous together Dawn!! Are you making matching tops for each of the girls? ... love the floating blocks!

Carrie P. said...

glad you are feeling better. great way to make trees.

Fiona said...

those looks like such fun to play with.....
Hugz

SameliasMum said...

I'm a sucker for lime green. Love it! Your tree looks so fresh.

Allie said...

So glad you're all better hon! Your quilts look wonderful so far, can't wait to see!

Michelle Ridgway said...

Lovely Dawn. I am getting very interested in this "Go Baby"...hmm! It looks like a lot of fun.