Pages

June 08, 2012

Granny Squares!

The last few weeks I have
 been making some 'Granny Squares'
 whenever I get a half hour to escape to the sewing room.
 I saw the post that Jolene wrote 
on her blog Blue Elephant Stitches a while back
 and I had to jump in and make some..
 olive green and pink...
 olive green and grey
 yellow and green
 strawberry red and grey
 strawberry red and white with red.
 I can whip one up in about half and hour,
which is good for me...quick and easy!
 I am using a Strawberry Fields Jelly Roll by Fig Tree for Moda
with a white background...
 and I love they way they turn out.
 I might do a scrappy one once I have done
 the twenty blocks with this range...might I say!
 Have you tried making some?
Its so easy and fun..
 
 Happy sewing
 Hugs Dawn x x
 

19 comments:

Fiona said...

love the granny squares... never thought of using a jelly roll but of course it is perfect...
Hugz

Melody said...

These are gorgeous.

Terry said...

Your granny squares look great! These may just be my next scrappy project! :0)

Sheila said...

They are on my to do list , I love these blocks and your colors are really special.

Teresa said...

Sure makes a lovely quilt - I checked out the link you gave. Your blocks are great..and now I want to make one too!

Maria said...

Your Granny Blocks look great will pop over and have a look at the blog..

Seams Sew Together said...

Love your granny squares, must be my next project!!

Seams Sew Together said...

Love your granny squares, cant wait to make my own!!

Larissa said...

They look great Dawn!! Think I love the first the most, thought they're all beautiful!!

Marilyn said...

They look awesome. Good idea to use jelly roll.

Ulla said...

Very inspiring, I have started cutting the white background squares for mine.

Heartsdesire said...

Love your Granny squares. Strawberry Fields is a perfect collection for them. I used a 30s collection that I had and I think it turned out quite well. Granny squares look good no matter what fabrics they're made with and I found they went together quite quickly.

Carrie P. said...

I haven't tried this block yet but I want to a lot.

Jeanette said...

Gorgeous Dawn. "Sigh" another thing to add to my "to do" list as i love the look of these blocks. :) HUgs,

Allie said...

Ooh really darling, Dawn - love these blocks!!!

Anne Heidi said...

Love love love your granny squares! And what a super idea to use a jelly roll- gee I have a few of those I need to use.... Thank you for the inspiration!

creativedawn said...

I like them all, the strawberry ones are my fav...so crisp and clean looking!
hugz
Pam

Jenny of Elefantz said...

Oh Dawn, your blocks are gorgeous! I have had her granny squares tute open on my laptop for months - you'd think by now I'd get a move on wouldn't you. You've inspired me, my friend!! xxxx

Cathy (aka CrafteeCC) said...

so pretty ;-)