As time is disappearing with the busyness of life...
I have managed to experiment with some thread dying.
I found the Tutorial HERE
So I armed myself with lots of skeins of white DMC thread
un-did a few and wound them onto the frame I had made.
laid them on some plastic wrap
tied rubber bands around in two places
added some yellow to one end, some magenta red to the other
and then mixed some yellow and red together in the middle.
(excuse the bits of dried dye...the color was old and had residue left)
then wrapped them in plastic wrap to cure.
rinsed and rinsed
making sure it went clear...
then dried it and rinsed again until no dye ran from it...
then dried again...thoroughly dry...
wound it on a couple of pegs plus one for a friend, ready for stitching...
I love the variegated colors from lemon the light pink...
just gorgeous, the end result was exactly what I wanted...
Now I can use it to stitch my new pattern, coming soon!!!!!
But while it rains outside the next couple of days
here in Adelaide
I am ready to stitch the binding on my
girls quilts, they are almost finished..woo hoo
and the squeals of excitement about our house are sweet to hear.
Hugs Dawn x x