Pages

June 30, 2012

What a week....

I am thankful that school holidays have started...Horray
 Not only do I get to spend some time with my girls 
and they get to let their hair down... and have fun!
 I get to have some not so rushed mornings, pj's and slipper mornings...
 This week has been so hectic running here and there and then ..
 On Thursday I was up early - like 5am early... baking some cakes 
for a fundraiser I was attending that night,
 with the girls to school on time, home to get ready to go to my quilt group...
 Thats when I did the deed... and not thinking about what I was doing
 Well it happend so fast I sat in my car wondering what to do...
 then after half an hour I decided I could move...
move the other arm that is...
 oh it hurt...what your asking????...what?
 I was only taking my seat belt off
 and dislocated my collar bone...locked it in place...no movement..
 OUCH OUCH OUCH...it hurt like crazy...
 I still  at this stage did not know what I had done and 
thought a day out, sitting, chatting was good for me..
 My friend Jude drove me there, it was brilliant cos I then did not much... 
When I got home I rang my Chiropractor -  a great lady...
 and she manipulated it in place...
 and gave me strict instructions to take it easy... ice for 24hrs
 then heat after that...no big movements till its healed...
 Heat to help the muscles and ligaments
 that overworked with what I had done to relax..
 So the rest of the week I have been taking it easy...sort of..LOL
no phone on my shoulder while sewing...
 heat packs often and NO DRIVING... or heavy lifting
 I sort of like not having to drive or do things but hate hate hate resting...
 especially when I have things to do...sewing things... and fun things...
 At least we have the holidays to rest and relax....
 I should be back in action soon... I have lots to share too.
 Sorry for the long post!

 Have a great weekend...
 Hugs Dawn x x x

10 comments:

Marilyn said...

Ouch Dawn, what an awful thing to happen like that. It is timely with school holidays, so do relax and enjoy some quiet time. Think I should send my daughter down to you and you can both take it easy together. She broke her wrist the last day of school term, and with her 2 boys at home from school it means she doesnt have to rush out in the mornings.
Take care. Hugs xx

B J Elder said...

I agree with Marilyn - OUCH!!!! Allow yourself to be pampered as you rest and heal.

Larissa said...

Oh sweetie!! I FEEL for you!! .... At least you guys are on holidays now though! ... Will be praying extra hard for your healing! <3 Hugs!!

Sue SA said...

Hope you feel/are better soon!

Christine M said...

I hope you heal quickly Dawn. Are you allowed to do a little hand stitching while resting? If not, it would be a good time to catch up on some movies.

Joy said...

Oh Dawnie you poor thing!!! Make sure you do exactly as your doctor says as it will only take longer to heal. That's me being bossy lol. But seriously, you must take care of it.
Love and (very gentle) hugs,
Joy :o)

Lucky-1 said...

Bloody Hell Dawn....!!!

mammafairy said...

Oh dear! just doing very little and you could do that to yourself! I am so sorry!

Get better soon, and don't do too much!
good thing it is Holiday season.
xx

Allie said...

Oh my gosh Dawn! I am praying for you to heal quickly!!!!

Josie McRazie said...

I'm sure she probably said Ice Cream, too! I'm sure I read somehwere that is esential to proper healing! Oh, and someone else doing the dishes and cleaning the house! Yes I know those last two are definately a must! LOL I do hope you heal well!! and sooN!