Pages

July 26, 2012

a little bite at a time...

When I was a child and had these huge expectations
 on myself to get things done, 
My dearest Mum would say
 "You can't eat an elephant all at once Dawn
just take one little bite at a time"
 Not that I was wanting to eat an elephant anytime but the theory
 was a good thing, especially when I was studying..
 Now this last month we have had sickness
 in the house again and again...
  sleepless nights, with coughs and colds...runny noses, tissues galore..
 Winter time sure does bring along the bugs...
 So sewing has been very spasmodic,
 
 I have managed to finish row 1 of my 
'Some Kind of Wonderful' quilt
 I love the look of this quilt...
 hoping to get row 2 done this week as well...
 things are a bit back on track almost... 
I'll be back real soon with some exciting news to share!
 
 Hugs Dawn x x

10 comments:

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Dawn it looks fantastic....

Christine M said...

Looking lovely Dawn!

Maria said...

Your row looks fabulous... My is still in the book...
Hope all are well again now..

Stefania Fortunato said...

So cute.
Stefy

Carrie P. said...

I love watching your progress. can't wait for the news.

Anne said...

Know all about those coughs and sneezes...ugghh, you have my full sympathy. Your first row is looking great - I have the book sitting on my shelf, on the "to do" list, but it won't be even started here before next year at this rate. :0)Well done - hope you are all better soon.

Anthea said...

Dawn it looks great! I'm sorry to hear that there's been sickness at your house, it seems to be so bad this year with so many people ill. Your Mum is so wise, it's true, sometimes we just have to try capitalise on what few moments present themselves & be happy with that...

Jenny of Elefantz said...

Oh honey, so sad to hear you've all been unwell. {{{hugs}}}
LOVE your quilt so far...the colours are gorgeous!
Hugs
Jenny
xxx

Chookyblue...... said...

it looks great Dawn..........1/2 the house was sick here too and it took a lot to get over.....not good...

suzitee said...

Keep at it Dawn...these little blocks don't take long once you get into it. Hope you are all well...the winter bugs have been bad this year.