Pages

July 09, 2012

I am square mad!

 Yes I am.
I am just in love with 'Granny Squares' atm...
  so easy to whip up...
 no tricky triangles to sew and they grow so quick...
  I had been doing one here and there as time permits
but this last weekend I decided to get them all done.
  All 20 of them...I only need to trim 10 of them to square.
 I used a Strawberry Fields Jelly Roll by Fig Tree
 and just love the freshness of the fabrics with white background.
All I need now is to just sash the blocks and quilt it...
 I can't wait to have it on my bed....
 I also happened to see this on Pinterest
late last night ....
 A crocheted Granny Square rug or LaLa as my girls call it.
The instructions on how to make one are HERE
Its adorable and as I can crochet I will make 
a bed runner to match my quilt.
 Thanks olveig x x x
 Just need to get to a wool bank and buy some wool matching my Fig fabrics.
 I might even look online at the Woolen Mills here in Aus.
 Anyone know a great place to buy wool?
 Tonight I am going to watch TV and stitch the binding on this...
My girls quilts!
 Almost finished and you can then have a look
 and maybe make one if you want as well.

 Happy sewing 
 Hugs Dawn x x x

9 comments:

Sue SA said...

Gorgous blocks, will look lovely when set together, such nice fabric. Sorry not a knitter, would know where to start looking!

Patchwork Penguin said...

I love the blocks!!! Is Granny Square the name of the pattern? I've seen something similar called chimney sweep. I'll have to look for it.

Thanks for sharing!

Maria said...

Your blocks look great. I cut up my jelly roll and made one block but it was not square when I finished. Must make another and hope it's right.
Love the LaLa. Cute name girls...

VickiT said...

Have you seen this new quilt along yet that just started today?
Here is the announcement I saw first and there is a link to the tutorial from this one.
http://www.pleasant-home.com/2012/07/great-granny-along.html

I think you might like this

mammafairy said...

Super grannies! somehow appropriate when I look at your last post!

Larissa said...

They look great Dawn!! How big are the squares? You going 4 x 5 on the layout? Lol! Looking forward to seeing how you lay it out, quilt it ... and to see it in person in 5.5 months!!! ;-)
Have you seen the "Great Granny Quilt Along"? Jodi @ Pleasant Home is hosting it with "Bee in my Bonnet". Link is if you're keen to do even more, lol: http://www.pleasant-home.com/2012/07/great-granny-along.html They are adding an extra 'ring' of colour, taking the squares to 12.5in, with four differing fabrics, surrounded by the white.

claudia said...

very nice,have a good day from Tenerife!!!!!!!!!!

katherine macwin said...

bendigo woollen mills is the place to mail order wool. They offer excellent price and service! 200gm balls are great value. Mum and I have been knitting with their product since the early 80's

Liz said...

Sickness!!Hope all get better soon. Love the colors in the granny squares!.Love the girls quilts. Enjoy your time.!!