Pages

August 25, 2012

Book week parade....

This week was Book Week in Australia
 and we had a parade at our school...
  So as a sewing mummy, 
my darling daughters asked if I could make them an outfit...
 Alice and Tink were the requests,
 so I searched for the right color fabrics
 and I had just the right ones in my stash...
  Here are the outfits hanging near their beds after..
  well after I had pulled an all nighter sewing the dresses...
 I went to bed at 3am... 
slept for 3 hours and then had two very excited little girls
 waking me  in the early morning squealing with delight...
 Now dressed and ready for Book week parade at school..
  so glad it was inside the school hall
 as it was freezing outside and raining too.
They loved being on stage and telling the other children their character...
 Alice in Wonderland and Tinkerbell.
 I love book week for the kids...
 they get so excited... and promotes reading too.
 Did you do book week this year or some time ago?
  Book Week has been running in Australia for 67 years.

 Happy Reading!
 Hugs Dawn x x x

9 comments:

Terry said...

They're both so adorable! :0)

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Dawn the girls look so cute....always loved Book Week....fantastic outfits..

Jude said...

They look adorable, but next time dont leave it to the last minute to sew their costumes.

Ann Marie @ 16 Muddy Feet said...

They are adorable! Use to love book week myself, and hooked both our daughters on reading as well. Nothing wrong with the family having it's own library, well except keeps your pockets empty of money.

Maria said...

What a wonderful Mummy sitting up to make sure the girls had their beautiful outfits in the morning.

Both girls look fabulous.....

I don't remember doing Book Week but I know my grandies always do it.

Allie said...

Oh Dawn how adorable they are - and you made absolutely splendid costumes, oh my! Well done, sweetie!

Linda said...

Wonderful memories for all three of you! How perfect for instilling the desire to read for enjoyment! The outfits are wonderful. (Two of my favorite books also!)

Sue SA said...

Too cute for words, you are a very clever and dedicated Mummy making costumes!

Deb R said...

What a lovely surprise for your girls, they look gorgeous and soo happy!