Pages

August 09, 2012

Girly Girl quilts...


 After a few months of secret sewing, my DD's have their very
own special quilts on their beds. Twin quilts... matching but opposite.

  My dear friend Judy asked me a year or so ago to
design a quilt that she could make for her two twin GD's 
for their 4th birthday
 I thought and thought about it and after a while decided I also needed two
quilts for my DD's also. Then what to make?

 They loved shoes and handbags and all things girly,
 birdy's and flowers, bugs and brolly's
cupcakes and teacups,
 butterflies and stars.

 I searched and searched,
 then I saw a tree block I loved, so I made that
 then a shoe block I fell in love with myself.
 I also loved a pattern I had for butterflies...I used that

I drew all the small block designs myself to fit inside the tumbling blocks...
 and the birdies cos I love birdies in a tree...
 Followed a tutorial or too for the tree, stars and dresden blocks...
and wow I was thrilled with the outcome...
 I want to make another now....in different colors of course.
 Maybe I'll invite you join me, that's if you want to make one too?

Hugs Dawn x x x

23 comments:

Terry said...

Those quilts are just beautiful! Very girly and pretty! :0)

Pia said...

They are absolutely adorable. I'd like to make one of those for myself ...

Allie said...

Dawn you have some awfully lucky little girls, those quilts are too awesome - love those trees and the layout is perfect! The stars and dresden in the corners are too pretty. These are outstanding, hon!

B J Elder said...

Well, YES, I'd love to make one of these FABULOUS quilts for my granddaughter. It is such a fun design and definitely all things girly.

Anne-Lise at Rag, Tag, Bobtail said...

They are beautiful! Love the colours.

Robin in New Jersey said...

Oh.my.goodness. These are gorgeous!

You are very talented.

Maria said...

Oh Dawn the girls quilts are just gorgeous... I also love that tree.
I am sure the girls love the quilts on their beds...

Val Laird said...

Just gorgeous, Dawn. What a fabulous job you have done.

Flying Blind... said...

Oh they look lovely my twins would love them, especially the high-heels!

Jeanette said...

The quilts are gorgeous Dawn. Love the colours. Hugs,

Lucky-1 said...

What beautiful quilts Dawn. Lucky girls:)

HUGGLES Lucky

Carrie P. said...

Dawn,
those are the cutest quilts ever. I am sure your daughters are thrilled.

mammafairy said...

Lovely fun quilts, and not so babyish that they will grow out of too soon, but young enough to suit now! clever you!

Fiona said...

They are just gorgeous Dawn..... so sweet and pretty.... well done...
HUgz

Vicki ♥ said...

The quilts are gorgeous Dawn and I love how you used different blocks and put them all together so well :) No wonder the girls love them :) Hugs Vicki x

ritainalaska said...

really great twin quilts! love your tree panel! you've dressed it up quite nicely ... very girly girly!

Christine M said...

Your quilts for the girls are just beautiful Dawm. Pity I have 3 boys! I don't get to make many girly things!

Phyllis said...

Wow - these are spectacular! And the design is something that the girls won't outgrow for a long time. Even then, they will have cherished quilts made especially for them by their mom.

I'd even like one for myself!

Helen said...

Oh yes, please invite me!! They are absolutely stunning!

Jenny of Elefantz said...

GAWJUS GAWJUS!!! (one for each quilt!)
Now who's a popular mummy at the moment?? ;-)
Hugs
Jen
xxx

simplestitches said...

you have done a fantastic job with those quilts...I'm sure your girls will cherish them forever!

Michelle said...

Those are great - love the trees and cupcakes!

Wendy B said...

just gorgeous Dawny...as I expected!!!!!....I bet the girls are tickled pink and wont leave them alone!!!!! LOL wish I had a little girl to make one for!!!!
xoxoxo big sugary hugs
Wendy :O)