Pages

August 10, 2012

Lets start Christmas...

As Christmas is my favorite holiday time of year
I thought I would start early getting organised.
 I will be sharing a design or too that I have found on the net 
or designed myself for the next 12 weeks every Friday
 here on my blog... with links and patterns also.
 So you too can get ready for Christmas.
 First is this wonderful mini quilt.
 My dear friend Judy came over a week or so ago
 to show me a Christmas mini quilt that another 
friend, Janette had shown her the pattern on a blog.
 and I just loved it....
 '12 Days of Christmas'
 It was quilt-al-long from the year before last on
The Twelve Days of Christmas which is my
 favorite Christmas carol...
Each block represents one day of Christmas
 Block one - one peice of fabric and so on for the 12 days.
That is so cool hey...wait till you find out the meaning of the 12 days.
 It had a meaning that I never new..intrigued me too
 I always wondered what partridge and pears
 and geese-a- laying had to do with Christmas...
 You can find the meaning out HERE 
It blessed me and I loved the song all the more....
 and then esp the mini quilt.

 I made this one for Fee in Avairy...ssh ssh it's on its way to her,
 hoping it gets there today,
and it doesn't have to be in Christmas colors.
 If you would like to make one, 
Block one is HERE and follow the blog
 each day after for the rest of the blocks.
 Don't forget to let Sheryl know a thanks for sharing.

 Happy Christmas making
 Hugs Dawn x x x

8 comments:

Allie said...

That is really sweet! I saw that QAL but didn't join in, I'm not much into piecing...but have fun! I'm looking forward to the next 12 weeks, Dawn!

Kris said...

I am crazy for Christmas too! This post was a good nudge to start planning Christmas pressies. I'm aiming for a handmade Christmas this year.

quiltygal said...

I did actually know the reason for the lyrics but not the meanings thanks for sharing Quite a few songs from that era were made for the same reason ...Love the Quilt :)

Jenny of Elefantz said...

I had god intentions of making this last Christmas, but we know what happens to good intentions. ;-)
Love what you made Fee...so pretty in those colours.
Hugs
Jen
xxx

Maria said...

The quilt looks lovely in both the christmas colours and pastels..
Won't join in this as I have too many projects now.. Thanks for sharing..
Interesting the meaning of the song.
Enjoy the weekend.

Carrie P. said...

Both little quilts are pretty.
I am doing their star quilt for the summer.

Wendy B said...

You've got me inspired again Dawn.....now this flu is going....I'm getting stuck in....or that's the plan anyway!!!
xoxoxo love n sugary hugs sweets
Wendy :O)

creativedawn said...

Very lovely...I both color choices...

hugz
Pam