Pages

August 09, 2012

Possums and a Birthday

This week we caught not one but two possums
 who decided the inside of our roof was to be their home....
I must admit they are cute but not at 2am in the morning
 when they decide to scratch and hiss above our bedroom.
 So now they are released back into the wild...our backyard...
 that's as far as we are legally allowed to let then go.
 A possum nesting box is going up in the back tree for them.
 And now more holes for them to climb in the roof. 
DH fixed them quickly!
 
 I  celebrated my birthday this last week with cups of tea,
fresh scones (sorry they got eaten real quick)
 and some wonderful sewing friends for company.
 So nice to get out the tea set for special occasions.

Love having tea in my Royal Albert Old Country Roses tea cup and saucer,
I feel so special and elegant when I do. It's a real treat.
I was given some really sweet gifts, 
 a fabulous book from Fig Tree and a couple of Jelly rolls, 
 these adorable Owl pins and key chain, thanks Wendy I love them
a wonderful candle stick and Vanilla scented candle...
bookmarks, a voucher or too and some other things not in photo.
 I love spending time with my family and friends on my birthday
 or chatting on the phone to the faraway ones...
 They are best gift I can have, I love them to bits.
I am blessed cos your in my life.
  Thanks for making my Birthday Special!
Sweet Cinnamon-y Hugs
 Dawn x x x x



7 comments:

Allie said...

Ugh - ideally, you should take them at least 3 miles away! I'm glad hubby fixed the holes. Happy Birthday, dear Dawn, I'm so glad you had a good one sweetie, such lovely gifts!

shannon said...

happiest of a belated birthday!!

your possums are SO much cuter than the ones here in the states!!

we had raccoons in our attic, so i can understand. it was scary to hear something that belongs in a horror movie at night above you in bed :)

Anne-Lise at Rag, Tag, Bobtail said...

Congrats on your birthday! Nice pressies.
That possum is really cute ... But I quite understand you prefer them outdoors.

Maria said...

Delighted you had a lovely birthday and enjoyed having Tea and Scones in your special china.

Hope the possums stay in their tree house and don't find a way into your roof again.

Fiona said...

Happy Birthday Dawn.... lovely gifts...
Hugz

Chookyblue...... said...

happy belated birthday......glad you got the possum.........one died in our roof I can tell you that was BAD...

Wendy B said...

so glad you had such a beautiful day sweety......I'd love to have been there to share it with you too!!!! Love our chats as well.....the bestest of gifts, I agree!!! xoxoxo big birthday hugs
Wendy :O)