Pages

September 07, 2012

Lets Build a Quilt Together - Quiltalong.


 Do you remember a few weeks back I shared here
the quilts I had made my little girls..
As promised I am going to share the making of these with you 
so you too can make a little girls quilt or a little boys quilt.
 The boys one will be exciting and it has a sailing ship in the middle.
 I will share the links to the tutorials that I used and the 
patterns I wrote also I will give you as a PDF pattern,
 Each week I will show one step of the process..
Every Wednesday we will do another step of the process...

What you'll need:
 Now get those jelly rolls, charm packs or just stash fabrics ready.
 I used about a 1/4 jelly roll,  two charms of Birdy
and some scraps for the girls ones.
 The only thing I bought was my background 2mtrs
and green  fat quarters for my tree.
 Just raid your stash to make one with me....
I will be using this fabric below for the girls quilt
 and my stash fabrics for the boys one.

This is 'Botany' by Lauren and Jessi Jung
 I have a couple of jelly rolls and
a charm pack ready, I don't think I will use it all though
Maybe I can make two.. good idea? Might do that.
 Please feel free to use this picture below as 
a button for the quilt a-long with the link of this blog.
Spread the word so others can join in and have some fun with us.
 Finished size of Quilt 60in x 77in
(A great size for a single bed with extra hanging over)

When will this start?..
 Next Wednesday 12th September 2012
  until we are finished...about 10 weeks
 I have set up a Flckr page for it too...HERE
Just get those fabrics ready and let's sew a kids quilt.

 Hugs Dawn x x x

11 comments:

Melody said...

You are so generous - what a fabulous idea.

B J Elder said...

What fun! The quilt is such a great one - thank you for sharing it with us.

wackywoman said...

These are adorable Dawn!

Ingrid said...

Beautiful!!!

Allie said...

I do believe I might have to join you Dawn - I'll see what fabrics I have stashed away!

Personalized Sketches and Sentiments said...

How exciting! These quilts are so sweet and perfect for a little girl! and it will be fun to see the one for a little boy...

I wish I had a large stash of fabrics! So...I'll have to get to the fabric store this weekend :o)

Blessings & Aloha!
I hope you are doing well! I have been out of the blog visiting loop, but am catching up now. and so glad I saw your post today.

Jenny's Craft Place said...

They look lovely, Dawn. Thank you for sharing. I will be sure to mention it on one of my 'Jaunts' :) Happy crafting, Jenny

Jessica said...

Your quilts are gorgeous! I wonder if I will have time to make a boys one?!

Loralynn said...

What a darling quilt! I don't want to make it for my Daughter, however...I want to make it for ME!!!

Sherry said...

How fun! I'm going to join in and want to thank you for this generous offer. Your quilts are so cute!

Sølvis blog said...

Love this quilts and the way you have been working with them, and sharing the workt with us.