Pages

September 12, 2012

Let's Start Building... Week One!

Week One!
Starting this journey and building some
 gorgeous quilts together is exciting..
 Do you have your fabric ready?
 You can use scraps from your stash or precuts,
 It's up to you. I'm using both.
Here we go!
 From your background fabric cut eight 4 1/2in squares.
From your stash or jelly roll cut eight  2 1/2in strips.

Crosscut these strips into two 2 1/2in x 4 1/2in  rectangles and
two 2 1/2in x 8 1/2in strips.
 Sew the 2 1/2in x 4 1/2in rectangle to the top and bottom
 of your 4 1/2in background square. Press well.
 Then sew the 2 1/2in x 8 1/2 in strips to the sides 
of the background square. Press again.
  Repeat with all eight background squares.
 These will make the applique blocks.
 Happy sewing
 Hugs Dawn x x x
 

7 comments:

Holli Roberts said...

Oh I love the orange! These colours will look fantastic together! I'm very new to quilting and starting on an easy baby quilt. Wish me luck!! :)

www.twinsplusonemumma.com

Odette said...

Me encanto la idea de comenzar esta colcha, espero no perderme ningún detalle, muchas gracias por compartir este hermoso patrón.

Saludos

Odette

Melody said...

I'm really going to enjoy seeing your quilt grow. Wish I didn't have so many commitments so I could play along too.

Personalized Sketches and Sentiments said...

:o) Yay! I'm happy to be a part of this!!

Blessings & Aloha!

Ric Rac and Polka Dots said...

Oh boy Dawn, do I ever have scraps! I think the oranges are so perfect for this time of year. I should dump out a bag of scraps and see what I can come up with! Thanks for the inspiration!!!
Hugs,
Julie

Ric Rac and Polka Dots said...

I just sent you an email but now saw on the post that it will be about 10 weeks! Sorry about that, I should have read more carefully.
Julie

andrei jose said...

That's a nice quilt. Making a quilt is like recycling. Your helping mother nature by re-using scrap fabrics. Its a great idea. They also look beautiful when finished.
Virtual Assistant Services