Pages

November 02, 2012

Week Seven - Quilt-along Applique

The original quilt I made my girls and 
the applique pictures on them, are from various places.
 I scoured many magazines I had laying around here and also
 patterns I have purchased in the past for cute applique shapes.
 I drew the ones I couldn't find, maybe you can draw some too.
Have a look for the applique shapes you want from your magazines,
search the Internet for free patterns too.
Then add them to your quilt. 
Be sure to acknowledge the designer when you do.
This is a cupcake that I drew and available HERE.
 This applique is for the snowball variation block like above.
Let me know how you go finding applique shapes to suit your
 quilt and child your making the quilt for. 
I have a few more I can share in the next week or so
(a friend has borrowed them) 
 Let me know by commenting and I will email the ones I drew 
once I get them back from my dear friend.
 
 Next weeks quilt along will be the centre tree.
 I am looking forward to seeing how your quilt is coming along.
Link your blog in a comment so I can visit and see.

 Happy Appliqueing

 Hugs Dawn x x x




2 comments:

Chartreuse Moose said...

Delightful post today, as always! I could gaze at your blog header all day...so girly and lovely!

Sherry said...

Love the cupcake. My daughter is crazy about owls! Thanks so much for sharing this quiltalong!