January 30, 2013

I finished it...

 After 3 years and 2 of those mostly sitting on the unfinished item shelf...
 I decided to get a few things done this year.
 This quilt has been sitting for a while,
the blocks were cut out and organised and then I just looked at them
knowing I should make them up.

It wouldn't take to long but I need motivation....
I had some after Christmas and decided this is it...
 not long to finish it...a few hours really.
 sew the rows together then press it...
Then on my quilting frame it went ready to do some dancing...


 Binding cut and ironed ready to sew on...


 All finished, ooh what a relief and  the excitement of a finish too...
 then ready to label and give to my dearest girlfriend Hilary
whom I have known for many many years....


I just love hexagons and especially ones you can sew together on the machine...

 This picture shows the finished quilt but please excuse the blurriness...
 I am using my phone camera and it looks real bad I know.
I think I will make another real soon.
 Do you love hexagons too?

Happy Sewing 
Hugs Dawn x x x

14 comments:

KaHolly said...

Looks great! I love hexies, too. I've never tried them on the machine, tho'!

Maria said...

Yes I love hexies and especially your quilt.. I am sure your girlfriend will love it..

Marianne said...

I have hexie envy. This is on my want to do someday list.

Lana said...

That is AMAZING. I love it!

Carrie P. said...

congrats on your finish! I do like hexagons and I like yours too. So will your friend.

Angie said...

This made a truly beautiful quilt---your friend is so lucky. :)

Kate said...

Your quilt is so beautiful!

Christine M said...

Your quilt is lovely Dawn. I'm sure Hilary is going to love it.

Linda said...

So pretty! You did a fantastic job!

Michelle Ridgway said...

I love it Dawn....how big are the hexies you used...would be a great stash buster I think. :-)

Chookyblue...... said...

oh it's lovely Dawn........I love hexagons too...........

Jo and Hannah said...

Hi there,
Love your hexagon quilt - I've never thought of strip-piecing hexagons before! It looks beautiful, what a lucky friend you have.
Hannah :o)

Kath said...

hello Dawn, I just arrived while blog hopping. I love your quilt. I like to hand sew (English paper piece) tiny hexagons.
I particularly like how you made the borders. Nice to meet you!

Dot said...

Wow! It's gorgeous. I've never seen large hexi's done on the machine before. I love it. Must investigate. ;o)