Pages

March 07, 2013

I'm still here...

Hi there, its been ages since I blogged....so sorry.
 I've been extreemly busy with organizing a retreat
 here in my home state of South Australia. 
 I decided to get a hair color for the weekend to hide my grey matter..
 and wanted to be daring, so red it became... DH picked the color too.


 Adelaide was picked last year as the venue for our
annual 'Let's Get Stitched' get together...

 
 The flower brooch above is what all the ladies make so we can 
recognize each other when they arrive at the airport..LOL


 Fabrics for surprise goodies are so sweet....
just wait and see what these fabrics became.
We had so much fun last year and this years going to be the same.
 laughing, shopping, swimming, games and some swing..
27 ladies all up will be joining in and 
22 of them staying in the cabins with us at Adelaide Shores Resort.


The goody bags are ready and baskets packed ready...
 Judy above with some samples of bags after a huge walk 
around a few shopping centres to find them.
 The cars are full of stuff like sewing machines and ironing boards.
Pins and needles, scissors and rotary cutters.
 Bathers for some swimming and clothes for quilt shop hopping are packed.

Darling Miss J decided while mum was stitching she'd get in on 
the act and finish some of hers too.... she's doing great too.
I had left it till last minute to write my pattern as I do, 
but I am so pleased with the look of it....sorry can't show yet.


After the retreat is over, I will be a little intermittent in blogland
as I am having some surgery and may be unable to post. 
 My dear friends Tash and Allie dropped of the quilt above
 for me to snuggle while I recuperate...
 Thanks beautiful ladies...I love it!

I will still be reading all of your adventures 
and hoping to be back on track real soon.

 Sweet Cinnamon Hugs
Dawn  x x x x

15 comments:

paulette said...

Dawn,
I'm sending nothing but GOOD WISHES your way....speedy recovery!! The retreat sounds wonderful and your new snuggle quilt is gorgeous!! Big HUG!
P

Maria said...

Have the best time at the retreat.. Lovely brooch for all the ladies..
Your friends made a goegeous quilt for you to snuggle under while you are getting better.

Cathy said...

You upcoming retreat looks like it will be fun.
Hope you have a good surgery and recover quickly~
I love seeing small hands work on embroidery~ ♥♥♥

tubilinha tiacarminha said...

Desejos de breve recuperação.abraço.

Chookyblue...... said...

have a great time at the retreat......very jealous but just not possible to get there........

goodluck for the surgery I am sure it will be fine and that quilt will help you recover........

Sandi said...

Good luck with the surgery and hope you have a reaaalllyy great time at the retreat.

Tracee Perry said...

have a great time at your retreat, and I also hope that you have a speedy recovery. Sending you many well wishes.

Linda said...

That retreat sounds like so much fun...enjoy!

Speedy recovery to you after your surgery...what a sweet quilt to be able to snuggle with!

Have a great day!

Sue SA said...

Enjoy your stitching retreat and hope the surgery goes well for you.

By Hoki Quilts said...

huge hugs gorgeous girl. Have fun this weekend xx

Noela said...

Have a wonderful retreat. Am sending good thoughts your way for a speedy recovery after your surgery. All the best Dawn. Hugs......

Silvia LGD (Little Green Doll) said...

I hope everything goes well!!! Take a good rest and recover from the surgery! Hugs!

Jude said...

Dawn you wore this old lady out with all the tramping around to get the bags and other goodies and it was worth it but that photo you should have just deleted, definatly not my best side.

Jo and Hannah said...

Hi Dawn,
Your upcoming retreat looks like so much fun! Those sweet brooches are a great way to recognize each other!
Good luck with your operation
Hannah :o)

Lourdes said...

Hello, I'm happy to know your blog, you have some very nice works. A beautiful quilt but did it take more than 3 years, excellent work. The flowers is really beautiful. Greetings from Barcelona (Spain).