Pages

April 27, 2013

Lots of happenings here......

When I look at my last post it almost seems so long ago.
 Boy do weeks surely fly by when your busy with life.
 My operation went extreemly well under the circumstances.
 Thank you all for the wonderful emails and support you have shared.
 Lots of things had been happening in our house this last few months.


 I thought I would share with you why I have been absent.
 You  all knew I had an operation and I hadn't shared why?.
I wanted to put it out there so it has been said
 and I can then just get on with it.
Also I thought it was my way of sharing and coming to terms
with the whirlwind that has engulfed us  as a family these last few months.

 My life is now 'my journey of how I am overcoming Breast Cancer'.
 Note the overcoming... Positive thoughts in this place.
 I will overcome this and will fight it with all I have...
 My blog will remain stitchy as that's what I do and what I am about.
 I am staying positive and have some great friends who encourage me
 along the way,  emails too that lift me up when I feel down,
my friends also slap me back into reality when I need it...LOL
 I also have my faith in God that will sustain me as He always does.


 Whatever the walk with BC its not a walk in the park for anyone enduring
any type of cancer or supporting someone who has it.
 There are lots of emotions and decisions to make.
 This journey is the one I walk knowing no two BC journey's are alike.
 No two lives walk the exact same path.
 no two treatments always the same...
This is what my family and friends are dealing with right now.
We have decided the plan for me to take..
 It's different to other peoples buts it's my tailor made plan.
 Suited to all my health needs and quirks..
I know we all lead different lives
 and have different circumstances to which it happens too, if it happens.


This is a whole new world to me and I put my faith in God
 that whatever the path I am to take He (God) is guiding me
 and comforting me through this time.


 Where does this leave me and my quilting/sewing.
 I will still be blogging about my sewing, quilting new patterns etc.
 It keeps me focused on other things rather than BC.
Sewing is what I do especially when I am needing to rest and recoup.
 Sewing keeps me sane even though my DH doesn't always think so..LOL
 So please pop by and visit me still 
and see what I am sewing or making or dreaming of.
 And we can sew together as we walk this journey of life.

 Sweet Cinnamon Hugs Always
 Dawn x x x

39 comments:

Melody said...

Dearest Dawn, I've been thinking of you a lot over the last month or so. In fact I think of you and your lovely family every day. I am so glad you have your strong faith to sustain you and I am so glad you have shared this with all your bloggy friends. I know there will be so much love and support sent your way and that's what I'm sending you tonight. Big big healing hugs.

Larissa said...

I don't think Melody could have written my thoughts and feelings in a more specific way if she'd tried :) . You are forever in my thoughts, day in and day out, and though there are days when everything feels frustrating and difficult, know that you are in our hearts, and in the heart of our Lord. You are very special to Him sweetie!! Know that you are loved, and you are guided and strengthened through this by Him. I look forward to watching this journey He has for you for many years to come!! :) Many Big Squeezy hugs!! xx

One for a wish.. said...

Scary stuff but glad you're staying positive! Sending my good thoughts and prayers your way!

Terry said...

Sending hugs for you as you walk this new journey. All will be well. :0)

sunny said...

What a positive post. Sending more positive thought, hugs, and prayers your way.

Fiona said...

Such a brave post Dawn, and I know you have the love and support and thoughts and prayers of people all over the world.... all the best and will be thinking of you lots.
Hugz
Fiona

Christine M said...

Sending you hugs, Dawn.

retdairyqueen said...

My love and support go to ypu and all your loved ones
Good Luck xx

B J Elder said...

Thank you for sharing your journey that you are on with BC. I'm so glad you have your faith and the great support of family and friends. You are greatly blessed.

Anne-Lise at Rag, Tag, Bobtail said...

may love and light support you and your family.

Miranda said...

Take care there! And may the stiching help you to give you the power...

Karen said...

Thoughts are with you as you take this journey, hold strong to your faith, he will guide you as I believe he never tests you more than you can take even though at times it may seem that way. All the best to you and your family.

Noela said...

My thoughts and prayers are with you as you take this journey. Hugs.....

Lorraine said...

You have such wonderful support from your blogging family Dawn - may it join with your faith and family to,sustain you during this journey. Thinking of you and sending positive thoughts.

Sue SA said...

Hugs and best wishes for positive results, sunny days and no unpicking!

Di said...

Big warm hugs! God bless

Jenny said...


What a path in life you have to follow now honestly BC is like an epidemic I have a few friends who have been through what you will be going through.
I will be thinking of you when you go through this tough time.
Hugz

Viki said...

wishing you well xxx

Vicki ♥ said...

Hunny you are always in my thoughts and prayers and you know I love you and just wish I could be there with you ...hugs hugs always my special friend. I know you will be ok as you are very positive and have lots of loving family and friends around you. Hugs hugs Vicki xx

Teresita said...

Hermoso!!!

debbie said...

Dear Dawn, Thank you for the update. I am not on FB so I haven't seen anything since your last post. I enjoyed every moment of LGS and I thank you for all the work you did to make it a special time for all of us. I am making some drain bags from the instructions on Cheryll's blog as a small way to help out. I wish you good health from now on and lots of happy moments with your gorgeous girls. xx debbie

Sharon - Lilabelle Lane said...

Thinking of you and your family and sending through positive thoughts and cyber hugs xx

Ali Honey said...

Dear Dawn I wish you luck on this new challenging journey. I hope that your faith and your quilting will give you a lift when you most need it. I am sending you some big quilty hugs and a little extra strength.

creativedawn said...

God bless you on this journey. .wishing that you triumph. ..wishes for you the victory over breast cancer. You are in my thoughts and prayers and really big hugz ((((((((((((((Dawn and family))))))))))))))
It's good to see you here again. .. <3

susan nieuwoudt said...

awe well here are a lot of huge hugs for you and l will be around and support you on your journey. My sister is a cancer survivor and you are also going to be one too. The Lord is all and with Him leading you nothing can go wrong.
Once again Huge Hugs.

Michelle Ridgway said...

Dear Dawn, I am sending you hugs and prayers on this journey you have undertaken. Your positive attitude will stand you in good stead and is a wonderful healing tool. I am glad you have your faith to give you comfort and guidance. Thinking of you and your family.
Hugs xxx

Wendy B said...

Remember Sweety....it's time for you to put your feet up and rest....there's only one set of footprints in the sand.....they're His....He is carrying you through this and we're all here to support you (along with Bob and the girls!!!) despite being so far away. reeeeally reeeally wish I was closer!
Love you to the moon and back gorgeous girl
xoxoxoxoxox

Maree: said...

Being Positive and in the Right Frame of Mind is what you have is what will carry you Through This.
Thinking of You and Sending You Huge Hugs.
xx

SandyN said...

Dear Dawn...

Sorry to read the news in your blog. I am SO glad you have your faith in a BIG God who takes care of us. Keep looking up to Him even in the low times.

Prayers of others can keep us all going. I know that I will keep you in my daily prayers for you and your family.

Hugs

Sandyn

Jan said...

Dear Dawn: Thank you for sharing your story.Keep smiling, keep stitching and I hope the path you are taking leads you to good health and much happiness. Best wishes to you and your family. Jan

Silvia LGD (Little Green Doll) said...

Be positive Dawn! You surely will win your battle. Lots of hugs from Spain!

Carrie P. said...

So sorry to hear you are dealing with breast cancer. There is no way we can deal with the things that life deals us without God. I know He will sustain you and give you peace. Praying for you.

Allie said...

Darling Dawn - you are in my thoughts and prayers for a complete recovery and healing, sweetheart!!!! Lots of love and prayers coming your way!!!

Anorina (Samelias Mum) said...

Sending you lots of positive vibes and love and prayers. You are a strong woman who will win the battle. Anorina x

Susan said...

Life throws some curve balls - so sad for you Dawn - but you sound so positive and you surely do have a lot of support out here in blog land. Lots of hugs coming your way.

Love those crochet flower in the next post too - I am sure sewing & other craft stuff will give you a welcome distraction at times.

Maria said...

Dear Dawn, What a positive post and I am pleased you have a lot of wonderful support from your faith, family and friends..
Thinking of you often and sending lots of hugs, Maria

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

You are an amazing lady, so very positive...Thinking of you Dawn, you are a massive inspiration to us all....xx

KaHolly said...

I've been traveling and am now just catching up with all my favorite blogs. Thank you for sharing your journey and know that you are in my heart and my thoughts.

Liz said...

Just catching up on blogs, Dawn.thank you for sharing. Wendy mentioned "footprints" and this is right He is carrying us.