Pages

August 24, 2013

A little afternoon tea...

  Its been quite cold and rainy here in Adelaide the last few days
 so a warm oven and some scones baking 
makes the house warm and smells yummy too...
 Gives me that happy feeling in the tum.


 This recipe is to easy to make and the scones turn out so fluffy...

Recipe.
 3 cups of Self Raising flour.
80gm of Butter
1 - 1/14cups of Milk.
 Method:
Rub butter into flour, then slowly add milk.
 Place onto a floured board and pat to an inch think.
Cut out with a floured glass or scone ring.
 Place closely together onto baking tray and brush with milk.
 Bake at 220C until lightly browned.


 Serve hot with buter, jam and cream if desired.
 I used a Bonne Maman Jam, imported from france...yummo
 Nice jars for me to use later too.


 Happy afternoon tea wherever you may be.

 Sweet Cinnamon Hugs
 Dawn x x

9 comments:

Melody said...

Yummo - sounds delicious. Hope you are feeling good

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

I just love scones and these look so nice Dawn...

shez said...

thankyou Dawn for sharing.xx

Larissa said...

Aww!!!! YUM!! Wish I was there to share them with you xx

Tammy said...

OMG....Scones....the favorite word of all for this brain to hear...

Terry said...

These sound so easy and look so good! I'm definitely going to give them a try! Thanks for the recipe! :0)

Maria said...

Oh!! Yummy I can smell them here......
Hope you are keeping well.....

creativedawn said...

Dawn!
Your scones look mighty delicious! I want you to know that is my exact recipe for making biscuits! They always turn out nice and fluffy and so buttery good. We are going to have to get together and make some scones/biscuits! Have a lovely day!

hugz
Pam

Chris H said...

OH YUM! There is NOTHING quite like hot scones on a cold day. I can't believe you can get imported jam from France!