Pages

August 23, 2013

Flirty Square BOM week 1.

 The first time I saw these 'Flirt' fabrics I was smitten.
 they are so fresh and funky too.


 I started drawing more and more little stitchery designs.
 Then put them into little blocks...

 It's so lovely to look back on photos and see some progress...
From fabrics to a finished quilt.


 Especially as its now almost finished, it's now quilted...just needs some binding.
Finished size is approx 54in square... a great lap size.
As it all came together I had a plan for it...
 I decided it had a new home to go too...

Woo hoo it's looking good, just how I imagined and designed it to be.
I am going to bind it in the next few days, it then can 'Go Home'
 It can be loved and treasured in it's new home.
It's new home is with a friend who is such a treasure to me.
 She has been such a help over the last 6 months,
 I am thrilled I can give her something that's part of me.

And you all for being so patient can now get started 
on the first installment of stitchery blocks.
 The requirements list is in the first download 
along with the cutting instructions too.
 Don't forget to come back each week for
 another installment... 8 weeks in total...
 August 23rd to October 11th.
 It was going to be 9 weeks but I decided to do 8 weeks instead.

 Week one can be purchased  HERE


  Sweet Cinnamon Hugs
 Dawn x x

9 comments:

creations.1 said...

The finished quilt is lovely - fresh and fun!!

Farm Gate Creations said...

Very sweet.

shez said...

gorgeous,love the colours Dawn.xx

Jennifer Reynolds said...

Sweet, sweet, sweet!!!
Hugs
Jenny
xx

Alice said...

It is gorgeous! Your friend will be thrilled.

angelasweby said...

Lovely fabrics and so inspiring. Great to hear you sounding really enthusiastic! I love your quilt. The border is perfect :-)
Sending love xx

Sue SA said...

Love the colour combo and little stitcheries.

Fiona said...

So pretty Dawn ...
Hugz

Marilyn said...

Awww. So fresh and pretty, Dawn. A beautiful quilt that your friend will absolutely love to bits.
Hugs xx