Pages

August 21, 2013

Home is always the best place to be!

 Thank you for all the lovely sweet comments, emails and gifts sent.
I am finally home from hospital and am recovering with my family.
 That's the best as I get to spend time with my darling Hubby and
laugh and chat with my two precious princesses.
 Bliss to me!
 What happened was I had a temperature....
 I took Panadol and wanted it all to go away..
 Well as they tell you with  any chemo any temp
has to be reported to the hospital.
I unfortunately had caught a blood infection from my PICC line for chemo
 and while I was in hospital the Dr's decided to operate
on a seroma I had that was infected too.
 That's another 10 days I spent in hospital.
 Whats a Seroma you say???...In lay man terms it's a pocket that
 collects fluid after having a mastectomy.
 Now I am back on track and am taking all my meds.
 I have 11 days to go then my chemo is finished...

I was so disappointed that I couldn't share my BOM
 on the day I had planned to launch it,
 but its better late than never they say...he he.
 I had wanted to quilt it before I showed you all
 but as I have limited use of my arms again after another operation
it may have to wait for quilting,
but the top is all done waiting to reveal it all to you.

Friday this week is going to be the first installment.
Friday the 23rd August.


Here's a 'Flirty Square BOM' button for your blog.
 Just right click the picture and save to your computer
then add as a picture to your blog and link it to me.
 
 Have you got your fabrics ready?

 Happy Cinnamon Hugs
 Dawn x x x

22 comments:

shez said...

take care Dawn and yep no place like home.xx

Susan said...

Glad to hear you are back home. Take it easy - we quilters know to be patient at times - so just get to it when you can. Love & hugs.

creations.1 said...

very pleased you are home again - and your BOM looks intriguing!! Take care!

Bloom said...

Love to you Dawn as you recover. What a time you've had! You are a sweetheart to be worrying about your BOM when you've had so much to contend with. Take care and stay strong. Ros x

Christine M said...

Glad to hear you are home again Dawn. Take care of yourself. Hugs, Christine

Viki said...

glad you are home safe xxx

Marilyn said...

So pleased you are through those hurdles. I am sure we ALL have things to go on with until you are ready to post the first Flirty Square.
Take it easy.
Love and hugs xxx

Alice said...

So sorry you had to go through so much additional pain. Glad you are home where you can recover better. BOMs will wait!

Linda said...

Hello,missed you!
Get well now and recover fast! Hugs!

msstitcher1948@yahoo.com

Anne-Lise at Rag, Tag, Bobtail said...

May love and light provide a speedy recovery. The BOM looks pretty.

Melody said...

So happy to hear you are home with your darling family. Much love.

Carrie P. said...

so glad to hear you are in the process of healing. Being home is a good place to be.

De said...

Glad you are home. Now behave yourself

retdairyqueen said...

So pleased you are home
Take care my dear
Thinking of you and your lovely family xx

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

I'm so happy to hear you are home and recovering. Prayers from Texas.

Lorraine said...

Home is just the best place to be isn't it.....thinking of you.

Sue SA said...

Ongoing prayers and best wishes for 100% good health for you Dawn, take care, Sue :)

Denise SA said...

Take care and give yourself time to heal. Home is definitely the best place to be.

Maria said...

Good to hear that you are back home again.xx

Amanda said...

Take Care Dawn.

Miss Nancy said...

Wishing you a speedy and healthy recovery!! Take care!

Allie said...

Love, hugs and many many prayers to you, darling Dawn, you're in my thoughts and prayers every day. I love your BOM, so sweet, just like you!!!