Pages

December 14, 2013

Ooh its almost Christmas!

And life sure has been busy in my household.
 I can't beleive how time has flown by... 
 I have recouperated some... no more treatment for me
I am all finished...
 Its over... HOORAY!..just regular checks.
 I have been busy doing a little sewing for my family.
I made this table mat for my DIL... 
 It was part of a challenge...I love the Mary Englebrit fabrics.

  I made these lovely little mittens as an Advent for my girls.
 They happened to just get finished in time for Dec 1st...Phew!
 The pattern is from Amy at Nana Company..Thanks Amy 


They looks so good hanging up on the wall and my girls were thrilled.
 They are tiny but little special notes popped into them build excitement...
Where do they look? or what does it say! What will I find?



 and I also have been doing a little bit of this....
 Yes playing with beads...ooh so pretty.


A little stitching..... 2013, 2013, 2013.


BUT that's secret stuff so no completed pictures...


But I can show you the goodies I received from
 the ladies in my sewing group....
 We did a Twelve Days of Christmas Advent...


  I was so blessed... we all had so much fun opening it all...


The flowers were the gift they gave me 
along with a Spotty Voucher...for fabric of course.
 Love my Tuesday ladies. They encourage me, give me strength,
 loads of support and just be here.... this girl is blessed!
 
 Christmas is fast approaching and I have some little visitors
 with me this next 3 weeks. I am so thrilled... 
My grandchildren from Perth are with me for Christmas...
 along with their parents of course. My Son and DIL.
 So life will be filled with games, parks and fun...
Not sure how much sewing will happen....
 If I'm quiet you know why...

 Sweet Cinnamon-y Hugs
 Dawn x x





16 comments:

Val Laird said...

So glad your treatment is finished, Dawn. Have a wonderful Christmas celebrating Jesus.

Kate said...

Pleased for you that your treatments are over with. Delighted to read your post. Merry Christmas!

KaHolly said...

YAY!! Congratulations! Looks as though you are making some very nice pretties!! Can't wait to see more.

Susan said...

How wonderful - no more treatments - especially over Christmas.
What soft pretty colours you have been using . . .

Christine M said...

Glad to hear your treatment is over. Merry Christmas to you and your family, Dawn.

Melody said...

Lovely to hear your treatment is over. Have a wonderful Christmas with your family, hugs

Tammy said...

Dawn that is fabulous news.. No more treatments..what a fabulous present. Hugs to you. You have been a busy girl stitching.

Fiona said...

what a great Christmas present to hear the treatment is over... I am sure it is a wonderful feeling for you and your family... and well done you....
Hugz

margaret said...

another wonderful reason to celebrate this Xmas with your wonderful news re your treatment, thrilled for you. Love the table mat and the mittens are so very cute

Anorina (Samelias Mum) said...

Such great news that you need no more treatment. And so many lovely goodies!!

suz said...

Been checking each week - so glad to hear your treatments are over and you are doing better. The mittens are adorable.

elliek said...

Some lovely sewing and finishes. The best finish of all is chemo and radiotherapy. Put it all behind you, enjoy Christmas with the family and 2014 is a new year. Well done on getting through it all

Viki said...

glad to read that your treatment is finally over. i hope you and your family have a wonderful christmas!!

Melody said...

Happy New Year. I'm looking forward to another year of seeing all your wonderful sewing. Hugs

Allie said...

Darling Dawn - no more treatments, oh what a blessing!!!! I pray for you every night, hon, and my hope for you is that this year is filled with health and happiness!!! Enjoy your grandies and family, and have a very Happy New Year!!!!

Caryl W said...

I like the ME tablemat...very cute!