Pages

January 12, 2014

Happy New Year...2014

Wow its already the middle of January..where does time really go. Before we know it will be Christmas again...
Our family had a lovely Christmas surrounded by those dear to usIMG_5908
my two little princess's  who absolutely loved their niece and nephews coming to stay.

IMG_5831
They are the best of friends and have so much fun, playing with the kids, laughing, and giggling together.
IMG_5713
My girls with my Perth grandchildren. I love the sounds of happy kids, it's such a delight to hear.
My Son and DIL had come over from Perth to spend  the 3 weeks with us for Christmas...we squished into our tiny little home and just spent time together doing family...and I loved it...I was tired but wouldn't have had it any other way. 

Tree 2013

We had presents everywhere on Christmas morning, it was lovely to see the kids opening their presents and some not theirs...LOL.
New year has bought some renewed plans for me, eat less, pray more, finish things off.... I think the last one I need in huge letters on my fridge... I am a beginner, love beginning new projects. Love the thrill of cutting out the tiny patchwork pieces. So this year I am not buying any fabrics unless its absolutely needed.  And I want to finish some BOM's and enjoy doing them too. So again I have a plan...

Do you have plans???? Fabric? Craft? Sewing?
Hope you can put them into gear and start like me. That's what new year is all about isn't it.. Starting.
Sweet Cinnamon-y Hugs
Dawn x x

PS... this post has been delayed due to changes in Blogger and Google+ regarding photo's..I had trouble for a week until a dear friend helped me sort out the solution....Thanks Vicki x x

13 comments:

shez said...

That's why I love Xmas so much it's a time for family to get together,lovely pics Dawn.xx

Marilyn said...

So lovely that you had special family times for Christmas. Your girls are growing up. When I see photos like those top 2 I think of my 2 Grandie boys who are similar ages to your girls. They always have arms around each other just like your girls. It is so lovely to see them as such good friends as well as siblings.

KaHolly said...

Lovely Christmas memories! Glad you were able to enjoy it so much. There's little like having children about to magnify the magic of the holiday. I'm a starter, too, and finishing those UFOs is always my resolution! I vowed not to buy fabric unless I had a specific project in mind years ago, and pretty much stuck to it, and became a scrap quilter instead, continuing to start and not finish things!! Happy New Year to you, too!

Maria said...

Your DDs and Granndies are gorgeous. So nice to have the Perth family home with you...
Hmm finishing UFOs is a good thing for me to do this year.
Oh I. Need a friend like Vicki. I can load photos but boy is blogger slow...
Remember to rest...

desertskyquilts said...

Everybody changes things when I don't think they need it. LOL Love your Christmas photos. What a lovely time you must have had. Enjoy your year of finishing. =)

Sue B said...

Christmas is all about children, its has become special to us again now we have Grandies. I love teh pics of your girls, such cuties.

Christine M said...

How lovely to have the family over from Perth. Lovely photos of the children, Dawn.

Fiona said...

looks like a lovely time... all the best for 2014...
Hugz

Liz said...

Lovely family photos. Your little princesses are gorgeous. I like your New Years ideas. Hope they come to pass. We are told to "pray without ceasing" so that is something to aspire to. Praying for your health for this year. Hugs.

Susan said...

Sounds like a lovely time for you all.
All the best to you Dawn for this year...

Noela said...

Always lovely to have Christmas with all your family. Look forward to meeting you in March. Hugs....

Silvia LGD (Little Green Doll) said...

Happy New Year to you! Lovely pictures of your family and your Chrismtas tree :)

Melody said...

My stitching plans are exactly the same as yours. I took a no new fabric pledge and so far its helped to keep me on track.