Pages

January 15, 2014

stamps stamps...

Today has been so hot. 45C and humid too.
Lots of cloud cover too, so the heat has no where to go at night.    
 So last night my girls decided a sewing day was in order as they couldn't play outside..

20140115_132122-1 

They cut out, and cut out some more till they had a nice little pile of stamps.
Miss K happily ironed her stamps onto some turquoise fabric.
 
20140115_140434

Miss J used some light blue... and they look great and we will quilt them in the next few days.
 I think maybe a dolly quilt or two.
I had some fun afterwards too...

20140115_185610-1

I decided to make some of my scraps into little stamps.

 20140115_185521

Using my Christmas present, my new pinking sheers, Oh I just love them.

Love how the fabrics just pop when placed on white.

20140115_185546

 20140115_185929

They remind me of the stamps I collected as a child from 'Magna'. All bright and colourful....just how I like them.
Hope your able to keep cool, or warm wherever you may be..
Sweet Cinnamon Hugs
Dawn x x

15 comments:

Farm Gate Creations said...

Well done girls you have done a wonderful job.

shez said...

Your girls did well,good to see kiddies sewing.xx

KaHolly said...

Wish I could have been a fly on the wall!! Looks like too much fun was going on at your house yesterday!! Love that stamp idea.

Sue SA said...

Cute effect using the pinking shears, great idea for scraps!

Fiona said...

I love those Dawn... what a great idea....
Hugz

Edi said...

What a fun way to spend an afternoon. What a creative group you all are.

Tammy said...

Dawn what cute Lil girls you have. And talented too. That's looks like a really fun project. They have inherited their Moms creativity.

desertskyquilts said...

5 of those C degrees would have doubled my F temp today, but it wouldn't have done much for you! Without the humidity, that would be bearable, but 113 with humidity is pretty awful! Your girls did a great job. That looks like fun for everyone!

margaret said...

how good to see little ones showing such talent and interest in being creative, keep it up girls

Marilyn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Marilyn said...

Looks like a fun project to turn favourite little scraps into stamps. The girls did so well making theirs

Mandy said...

SNAP! I got pinking shears for Christmas too! Good old Santa! lol I had to have them so I could do just this - stamps! I have collected a few cute picture bits now so after reading this I want to go & do some NOW! Lovely work girls!

Allie said...

OH OH OH - I love those little fabric stamps so much, Dawn!!! What a great way to use up snippets of fabric. Your girls are so darling!!!

mamypatch said...

Une bonne idée!
Bonne soirée

Helen Wong said...

Wish I could have been a fly on the wall!! Looks like too much fun was going on at your house yesterday!! Love that stamp idea.Top Ten Web Hosting Reviews