May 15, 2014

Its all about Love!

I had been toying with this pattern for a few weeks for a friends birthday.
 I tried sewing it the way the pattern said and couldn't get it neat enough.
Then Fee whom I had intended it for, made a little felt elephant...
so cute... have a look at her blog HERE
 I had an idea to make the house on top of the world pincushion on a wood base, as it would be heavy enough.
 Then I thought maybe a glass desert dish would look sweet.
No it wasn't right either.
  But then after making the pincushion top...which I LOVE
I was chatting with Judy on Tuesday at sewing I decided to try it in a sugar bowl I had..
 It turned out gorgeous I must say...
 I used a Brambly Hedge Sugar Bowl as I had two and it was so pretty.

Late I know, but I know she loves it...
 I sent her a picture to make sure...
It looks so quaint and cute, just how I wanted I
it to look...
you can make one as well...purchase some wool felt 
and a visit HERE to purchase the pattern.
 Now I need to make another for another friends birthday present!

 Sweet Hugs
Dawn x x x

9 comments:

Lorraine said...

that is indeed a very cute project!!....no hurry, my birthday isn't until December :)

Fiona said...

I love little things and this is one of the nicest...
Hugz

shez said...

Oh it's very cute Dawn.xx

Jenny of Elefantz said...

To quote Ethel, it's GAWJUS!

Michelle Ridgway said...

Oh it deserves to be in a pretty sugar bowl...it is so darling and sweet xx

Susan said...

Can I get on your "friends" list too ???..it is so gorgeous (just to prove I CAN spell)

Silvia LGD (Little Green Doll) said...

It's so cute :)))

KaHolly said...

It is adorable and came out great!!

Farm Gate Creations said...

That is just the sweetest pincushion.