Pages

September 23, 2014

It's coming up Roses!


Roses here might be blooming a little early, paper ones that is,
but the weather the last few weeks has been slowly getting warmer.
 Nice Spring days ahead.


 We are getting ready for the first roses to bloom in our garden.
 I am sitting enjoying the pleasent weather outside.


 I just love Roses and have the most enormous Standard Rose in my back garden.
 It's 6 ft high and gives off the most wonderful display
 when it is blooming, when it is I will share another photo.
 Another type of Rose I love is the Rose Star EPP.
I am hooked, like some of my bloggy friends and
 facebook buddies who are also hooked on EPP...
I just love it, the convenience of hand stitching,
 taking it wherever I can, so as a result is
I have a little progress on my Rose Star quilt.



This Rose Star above is made from fabric
 a friend gave me for my birthday a few years ago..
 'A great reminder Rose Star'



 I was inspired HERE  with this Rose Star, it's gorgeous
and have been having so much fun making my own,
in between homeschooling and family life.
 Picking out my favorite fabrics to turn into more stars.
 Are you hooked on English Paper Piecing yet???
 I recommend it as it's so therapeutic....
peaceful and handy to carry anywhere.


I am loving it and now I am about glue some more pieces
 ready to make another fussy cut  Tilda star.

 Happy Sewing
 Hugs Dawn x x

7 comments:

Christine M said...

Your blocks are beautiful, Dawn. This quilt is going to be gorgeous.

Melody said...

Beautiful fussy cutting, love your rose centres.

Tammy said...

These are fabulous. Where did you get your template / pattern from for the rose star EPP?

cq4fun said...

What lovely stars, Dawn! I love the fabrics you chose to put together for each one. Happy spring to you!

Chris H said...

Wow very pretty blocks.

KaHolly said...

Sew gorgeous!! It's time to post MORE!!

Wendy B said...

time for a blog update gorgeous girl!!! LOL xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo :o)